Monday, April 23, 2012

Loving Like Jesus Did

I read a post that I thought was so inspiring, I just had to share it with my readers. It was about a Christian group who showed up to a Gay Pride Parade and Apologized.  I'm telling you, it's beautiful stuff. In a world where religion seems to forget Jesus' love and purpose, it was refreshing. Refreshing enough to share.

So let's be honest. I'm not perfect. Are you? Even though my past and present isn't all roses, I still struggle to not judge other's thorns. As I try hard to continue strengthening my faith, I seem to separate myself from my friends who aren't encouraging. Not even on purpose... but because this is how I am inclined as a human. It's almost as if I put myself on a different level, even though I don't want to be. I know I'm not the only Christian who does this. I know Jesus didn't hang out with the righteous and the religious; He hung out with the prostitutes, and the tax collectors. He died for the sinner.  What a reality check in a world where people spit hateful words at the homosexual or the young girl having an abortion. God says it's not our place to judge but to love. It's our job to love others and to show God's love by doing so. Nathan, the group's leader, is a great reminder as to how Christians are called to embrace others and show what unconditional love is.

No comments:

Post a Comment