Sunday, April 1, 2012

Scary, but True

Cay and I were kind of going through a rough patch. It seemed like ever since I was baptized, Satan was attacking us in every which way. Why is it that being baptized makes us turn into prey for the devil? God warns us that the closer we are to Him, the more Satan will want to pull us away. The key point, though is that we have to let him. As my friend Adrian told me during a much needed mommy break, Satan is like a gnat in comparison to God, unless we let him become more. Such an important thing to remember!

With this in mind, I have been really blessed by God with the friends, people, and promises through His word that He puts into my life to help me remain a spiritual leader of our 2 person family, even when times get rough. Between Adrian's reminder, Jessica coming home with me to pray for like an hour (longest prayer I think I've ever said... but definitely not the last!), other friends being amazing, and my pastor at church knowing exactly what to say and when to say it... it's nothing short of God giving me a great bear hug. Today we had a sermon on this very issue, that I'd like to share with you. It's a dark, nitty-gritty passage, but it is SO important to recognize and understand.


Satan, Demons, and Other Nasty Subjects from Central Christian on Vimeo.

Amazing, right!? I adore my church family!

 I'm so thankful that when I cry out to Jesus, He listens to me. I always tell myself that God will either answer a prayer with a "yes, but let's be patient first," "no, because I have better in store for you," or a "let's do it!". I'm so thankful that He hears my cries and sees my battles, and knows exactly what I need.

Well, there is my short update on God's work in my life. Hopefully this experience of mine can help you realize that crying out to God and asking Him for what you need, now, is something that He hears. I'm so new to this crying out when I'm feeling down ordeal... I used to just keep it in... but knowing that God listens to me regardless is an amazing feeling. Knowing that God is powerful enough to protect Caydon and I from Satan when we are too weak to do it ourselves is just a small reminder of how much our Heavenly Father loves us. I hope you all have a blessed week, and remember that through Christ, all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment